To ensure your pets’ are in good health, we recommend bringing them in regularly for a health check and consultation, so they can be screened for underlying diseases that may lead to health issues in the future. For example, as part of the health check, the teeth will be monitored for any early signs of dental disease, tooth decay or periodontal disease. This will ensure that their teeth are kept strong, clean and healthy. Reducing the risk that teeth have to be removed in the future.
A physical examination helps alert us to any discomfort or subtle abnormalities that may warrant further investigation. Also, a blood test and/or other additional diagnostic tests will be recommended in patients that are unwell, or as part of a routine check-up in older pets.
We offer regular preventative health checks and services. Our experienced vets can provide you with advice and recommendations regarding vaccinations and general preventative health care.
Regular preventative health care includes:
- DHPPiL – Vaccinations for dogs for Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza and Leptospirosis
- FVRCP – Vaccinations for cats for Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia
- Vaccinations for Leptospirosis, including the newer, better 4-in-1 vaccine
- Bordetella Vaccinations
- Heartworm Prevention
- Dental Hygiene
- Internal Parasite Control
- External Parasite Control
- Tick Control